S.C.A.R.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
S.C.A.R.

A forum dedicated to SCAR and other airsofters to share there knowledge

4 posters

Creating your team.

AFU
    AFU

Male
    Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2008-11-14

Creating your team. Empty Creating your team.

Post by AFU Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:47 pm

In order to create a successful airsoft team, you will be required to do many things. First! There are many different methods in which to format a team, just because I say something here doesn't mean it is the only, or even close to the best format for a team. Much of what I am about to say is opinion, take nothing as fact until you have attempted to do the research yourself.

A team should be roughly ten or twelve people.

With ten people a team should comprise four (4) Rifleman, four (4) Snipers (2 main snipers & 2 spotters), and two (2) support gunners (A twelve man team having either two (2) extra rifleman, or two (2) extra snipers (1 main sniper & 1 spotter).

Note: The leader (highest ranking member) of the team should not be a sniper. As the leader you need to be with the bulk of your team, able to give commands and make your strategy known to the group. Even with constant communication, this is almost impossible to accomplish if you are fulfilling the role of a sniper, which will force you to scout, and be away from your team for much of the scenario. I know a few leaders who are snipers, and if you do too, feel free to ask them how they do this, and to try for yourself and see if you can make it work.

A team needs to seem professional whenever at a competition. If you are just practicing, or playing for fun at a hosted event, or a self hosted game, feel free to do whatever you want. But at a competition you should act as professionals, this means:

1) No pointless arguing among members. If you have two or more members who constantly argue with each other, and maybe get into fights. You have to remove those members. Again, it is one thing if you are hosting a simple game, or a regular event. But in a competition that can't be allowed.
    2) Wear proper clothing that is not gang related or foolish. A simple pair of BDUs, boots, helmets, and other tactical equipment is enough. You do not need red bandanas, etc.
    3) If you wear patches, only wear patches that you represent. Meaning do not wear a patch of the American flag. It does not matter if you are American or not, unless you were asked or paid to represent your country, do not wear their symbol. I am part of the AFU (airsoft fanatics united) but that is not my team, that is my group. My team's name is Os Lupus (which is latin for Masked Wolfs). So if I were going to wear patches, I would wear two (on my right arm). I would first wear the AFU patch, then below that I would wear the Os Lupus Patch (Both patches still under construction).
    4) In my team, we do not wear patches to distinguish rank. Why give a sniper the opportunity to learn who is in command and take them out first. If you feel you must, wear a tarnished pin that will not reflect light. But refrain from large symbols of authority.

My suggestion of weapons (please ignore whatever personal weapons you want to use) is that first you figure out your teams theme. This means if your team has a russian theme, use all russian gear and weapons.

Example:

Your team is based off of the US Military (ignoring which branch for now). Your Rifleman each have an M16 (Ignoring which brand), your snipers will most likely have something based off of the M700, while your spotters will most likely have the same M16 as the rifleman (with updated high-powered scopes) and your support gunners will use the SAW machine gun (same brand as the M16).

The reason for this selections, many SAWs have interchangeable clips with M4s and M16s. This allows for all your members except for the main sniper to share magazines, in case of emergencies. I personally would change the pistol holster on the support gunners tactical vest with the two extra magazine clips. I would also equip each rifleman (which as a leader includes you (Or I believe it should)). with a low-powered scope. Even though you are not a sniper, a scope can still improve ones accuracy. Because you are not a sniper you will not need a powerful scope like the snipers and spotters.

I myself have played with the idea of each rifleman having a grenade launcher, as well as a few shells attached to their rifles. If you don't need these, don't bother buying them. Do not buy anything you don't believe you will need. I would also equip each member with two (2) grenades, and each support gunner with one (1) land mine and one (1) claymore, and each sniper with one (1) claymore and two (2) land mines (The reason for this being far too complicated a discussion to bother getting into now).

A team should have a form of communication, radio, throat mic. Something that lets you talk with your members, and even more so for your snipers who may need to relay information while away from the team.

Well, that is a start for those of you who want to start a team. But the greatest advice I can give you is, research, experiment, and ask question. Then format your team to your team's individual needs.

Also, keep in mind that discipline is an important part of having a team. To work on discipline I actually suggest taking your team for marches and runs, WITH cadence.

I myself fancy a sense of humor, so here is the cadence we used once for fun. The captain takes the lead, person 1,2 etc. Means an individual person who is not the captain)

WELL WE’RE BIG ROCK SINGERS (Captain)
    WE GOT GOLDEN FINGERS
    AND WE'RE LOVED EVERYWHERE WE GO (Whole group)
    WE SING ABOUT BEAUTY AND WE SING ABOUT TRUTH (Captain)
    FOR TEN-THOUSAND DOLLARS A SHOW (Whole Group)
    WE TAKE ALL KINDS OF PILLS THAT GIVE US ALL KIND OF THRILLS (Captain)
    BUT THE THRILL WE'VE NEVER KNOWN
    IS THE THRILL THAT'LL GET YA WHEN YOU GET YOUR PICTURE (Whole Group)
    ON THE COVER OF THE ROLLING STONE

WANNA SEE MY PICTURE ON THE COVER (Person 1)
    WANNA BUY FIVE COPIES FOR MY MOTHER (Person 2)
    WANNA SEE MY SMILIN' FACE (Person 1)
    ON THE COVER OF THE ROLLING STONE (Person 1 & 2)

I GOT A FREAKY OLE LADY NAME A COCAINE KATY (Person 3 (Deep voice))
    WHO EMBROIDERIES ON MY JEANS
    I GOT MY POOR OLD GREY HAIRED DADDY (Person 4)
    DRIVIN' MY LIMOUSINE
    NOW, IT'S ALL DESIGNED TO BLOW OUR MINDS (Captain)
    BUT OUR MINDS WON'T REALLY BE BLOWN
    LIKE THE BLOW THAT'LL GET YA WHEN YOU GET YOUR PICTURE (Whole group)

WANNA SEE OUR PICTURES ON THE COVER (Person 1)
    WANNA BUY FIVE COPIES FOR OUR MOTHERS (Person 2)

WE GOT A LOT OF LITTLE TEENAGE BLUE-EYED GROUPIES (Captain)
    WHO DO ANYTHING WE SAY
    WE GOT A GENUINE INDIAN GURU (Captain)
    WHO'S TEACHING US A BETTER WAY (Whole group)
    WE GOT ALL THE FRIENDS THAT MONEY CAN BUY (Captain)
    SO WE NEVER HAVE TO BE ALONE
    AND WE KEEP GETTING RICHER BUT WE CAN'T GET OUR PICTURE (Whole group)

WANNA SEE MY PICTURE ON THE COVER (Person 1)
    WANNA BUY FIVE COPIES FOR MY MOTHER (Person 2)
    ON THE COVER OF THE ROLLING STONE (Person 1 &2)

Last edited by AFU on Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Wolfmeister
    Wolfmeister
    recruit
    recruit

Male
    Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2008-11-15

Creating your team. Empty Re: Creating your team.

Post by Wolfmeister Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:17 pm

nice post santa
    Killyouno5
    Killyouno5

Male
    Number of posts : 76
    Registration date : 2008-11-15

Post by Killyouno5 Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:44 am

Nice post only i would have to disagree with the gernades just because most new teams are youngeer people who may not have the money but if you were to get them buy the tornado gernades not sure on the maker and such but you xan type "airsoft tornado gernade" into youtube and find them. They dont explode and send pieces everywhere they just use co2 and spin while bb's go flying out of little holes on the sides. Also i would only recomend claymores to a sniper who plans in staying in one place.
    Satan
    Satan

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2008-11-16

Post by Satan Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:56 pm

Im a sniper commander so yeah your right it does work but we take the john hancock(idk his name but he signed his name huge on the declaration) aproach. Make sure they know who we are by leting them know whose what rank. The joke is ranks dont matter much as far as skill goes so you can take on a pvt. and be crushed lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:58 pm