S.C.A.R.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
S.C.A.R.

A forum dedicated to SCAR and other airsofters to share there knowledge

3 posters

The path to becoming a sniper

AFU
    AFU

Male
    Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2008-11-14

The path to becoming a sniper Empty The path to becoming a sniper

Post by AFU Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:30 pm

Not to be confused with "How to be an effective sniper." Where that talks about how to utilize your equipment, this talks about the path to becoming a sniper.

The path to becoming a sniper is no more difficult than becoming a good rifleman, or a good support gunner. In some cases it requires less training and less money, and in others it requires more. There are several differences and similarities between all three positions. But hopefully after reading further you will be able to successfully become a sniper. Before you begin to read more, you must first do two things. First, forget everything you think you know. Forget how skilled or unskilled you are with a rifle; forget about how much patience you have; even forget how much you think you are capable of. Admit right now, you know nothing, and have a lot to learn. Second you must ask yourself. Do I want glory on the airsoft field? If the answer was yes, then walk away right now.

Many men and women think the first thing they should get to become a sniper is a good rifle. Forget this notion, if you have already bought a rifle, put it under your bed or in your closet, and do not touch it until you are finally ready to wield it properly. To do so otherwise will just give snipers a bad name. The first thing you are to buy is a complete set of BDUs. You should know where you are going to be playing, and buy your BDUs with that in mind. If you are playing in desert compared to if you are playing in heavy forest, you are going to adjust the BDUs you buy. If you play in both desert and forest, you will need to get two different sets of BDUs. I suggest digital, and preferably Marine digital. After you have the proper pants, jackets, boots, and hat, you will need to consider a spotter.

If you are the type of person who would rather not have a spotter, then you need to get a tactical vest that matches each of the BDUs that you have purchased. Otherwise your spotter needs to get the same type of BDUs that you have also purchased. Neither you nor him should have a rifle yet.

By now you and your spotter should each have a full set of BDUs, and now you need eye protection. Because of the nature of your job, a full-face mask will just hinder you where you will need freedom. I suggest buying a pair of mesh goggles. Or if not those, mesh glasses. You will need something that allows you to look through your scope and will not fog up. If you have decided to buy safety glasses or goggles, then I suggest you go running while wearing them to insure they will not fog.

You should have, before you began to buy anything, been exercising too unsure your physical fitness. The exercise regiment that you should follow is only one hour a day, three days a week. Your training regiment should be as followed: Cardio, running, jumping rope, jogging; Intensive, Sit-ups, walking, crunches; and toning, push-ups, weight lifting, and pull-ups.

Now you are finally prepared to make your gun purchase. You (as the sniper) should be looking at several key factors in a gun. Range and accuracy are two of the most important. You want to balance the two, because range means nothing without accuracy, and accuracy is useless without a good range to accompany it. The color of your gun is important too. If you play in a forest, you do not want to buy a tan gun. I suggest buying a black gun. If you want you can later camouflage it with a gun wrap, one you can change if your environment changes. Your spotters weapon should also come with improved range and accuracy, but it should also have semi and full automatic capabilities. This is to ensure your spotters ability to act not only as a sniper, but a rifleman in case your position is overrun. Earlier on I said that if you chose not to have a spotter, to obtain a tactical vest. For those of you who did this, you will have to buy a second gun, something decently accurate, with fully automatic capabilities. You will want to choose something small, an MP5 or a tactical M16. You will need the tactical vest to hold the extra clips, batteries, and other required item. You have chosen to become your own spotter.

Weather or not you are your own spotter. You should buy an electric or gas pistol and a leg holster, unless you have a tactical vest, which comes with a holster. This is for close emergency engagements. A holstered pistol is easier to get ready than a slinged rifle and can be used properly while you are holding your sniper rifle. Some men and women think they can spend less on their pistol than they did on their rifle. All your guns, rifle, pistol and if it applies to you, your spotter weapon, should all be the same price. None of them are any less important than the other.

Next you will want to start practicing as much as you can (as well as making sure your scope is equal with your rifle, if it is not, you will require a new scope). While you are practicing, you will want to start searching for upgrades for your rifle. Get whatever you can. You will most likely need at least an upgraded spring, tight-bore barrel, hop-up, and possibly a trigger. You should also never fire anything less than a .28 BB. The higher the BB, the greater your accuracy is. If you can use a higher BB do so, but keep in mind your range. For practice tactics you may visit my piece on “Sniper Training.”

Congratulation, if you have covered each of these steps, you may now consider yourself an amateur sniper. In order to improve you will have to continue to workout, and to practice. If you become talented enough, you will have to consider a Ghillie suit for you and your spotter. You might even consider something similar to a throat mic for better communication. If you become even more talented, and show, you may finally consider grenades, claymores and landmines. For a normal rifleman these are but more weapons. For a sniper, they are tools that should be used effectively to insure your ultimate goal.

Related links
    https://scar.aforumfree.com/sniper-tactics-f4/sniper-training-t5.htm
    https://scar.aforumfree.com/sniper-discusion-f3/to-be-an-effective-sniper-t34.htm
    Jman
    Jman
    Admin
    Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 91
    Registration date : 2008-11-15

The path to becoming a sniper Empty Re: The path to becoming a sniper

Post by Jman Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:08 am

Also it might also be a good idea to bring bungie cords or rope. You use it to secure your area. Lets say a person trys to come from behind you. Most likly he will trip on the line and yell or you will hear him fall. After you hear you can pull out your pistol or smg and shoot him or use the bang bang rule.

I got my leg holster from airplat for $9 and a df 6.02 barrel
    Killyouno5
    Killyouno5

Male
    Number of posts : 76

Post by Killyouno5 Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:39 am

I wouldent do that just for the fast that i would rather be shot or called out then know that i broke someones gun because they tripped and fell onto there gun because i didnt feel like being shot maybe it would be better to tie fishing line to a tin can that has like marbles in it then tie the other end to a tree and pull it out that way if he kicks it he wont trip and you will know he is there.
    AFU
    AFU

Male
    Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2008-11-14

Post by AFU Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:03 am

Even worse then breaking his gun, you might cause someone to trip and break an arm, or worse that way. No, traps are good, but trip wires and other types of traps are too dangerous to be used.
    Jman
    Jman
    Admin
    Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 91

Post by Jman Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:48 pm

You guys realy think its that dangerour. I have had it done to me and I staggered and almost fell but the mables are a good idea but I was thinking have a tripline up have it tied up to a gernade he pulls the pin bang

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:44 am