S.C.A.R.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
S.C.A.R.

A forum dedicated to SCAR and other airsofters to share there knowledge

+3
Socal46/ADMIN
AFU
SCAR_55
7 posters

which gun would be the best AEG for a support gunner

SCAR_55
    SCAR_55
    Admin
    Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2008-11-16

which gun would be the best AEG for a support gunner Empty which gun would be the best AEG for a support gunner

Post by SCAR_55 Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:03 pm

i am soon to be getting a jing gong scar m4 with a 5000 round box mag it has 120ft in range and 500fps with .12 for 189.99 but i am wondering if there is a better gun for a good price Question

Here is the link to the website. Laughing Very Happy

http://www.hitguns.com/JG-M4-RIS-System-Version-4-Metal-Gear-Box-Marui-Cl-p/jg-6613-m4ss.htm
    AFU
    AFU

Male
    Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2008-11-14

which gun would be the best AEG for a support gunner Empty Re: which gun would be the best AEG for a support gunner

Post by AFU Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:35 pm

I have not had the opportunity to see it in action, but for a support gunner I would go with a SAW machine gun. To be particular: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_150&products_id=2795

The reasons for this, the clip is changeable with their M16/M4 which is needed in an emergency can help out your riflemen. For a support gunner, this gun is good for it's price.
    Socal46/ADMIN
    Socal46/ADMIN
    Admin
    Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 82

which gun would be the best AEG for a support gunner Empty Re: which gun would be the best AEG for a support gunner

Post by Socal46/ADMIN Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:40 pm

hey SCar is my bro and thats out of his pricerange. and the box mag is cahngeable with m4 and m16 also it was made for them
    SCAR_55
    SCAR_55
    Admin
    Admin

Male

Post by SCAR_55 Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:47 pm

yes the saw is a bit over my price range i was thinking somthing 200 or less but do u have any other ideas
    AFU
    AFU

Male

Post by AFU Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:08 pm

Other ideas about guns? Unfortunately no.

Although, because you are aiming to be the support gunner, I do have other suggestions.

Of Course get a tactical vest as soon as it is financially convenient, but remove the holster for the pistol and replace it with the 2 extra magazine pouches. I also suggest getting a dump bag or a backpack. Although the dump bag will allow you better access than a backpack, the backpack will let you carry more supplies.

But in terms of weapons, as a support gunner I would suggest carrying the following.

2 or more grenades: http://www.kapowwe.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=1-2-airsoft-grenades&Category_Code=AirsoftGrenadeLaunchers2&Store_Code=R

At 8 dollars a grenade they add up, but if used properly they can help you out of a tight position. But with luck you will not have to use them too often.

I myself have also been looking into specialty weapons( bazookas, mortars, land mines) most of which have been huge disappointments so far, but most are quite interesting.
    Socal46/ADMIN
    Socal46/ADMIN
    Admin
    Admin

Male

Post by Socal46/ADMIN Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:18 pm

hey AFU r they reusable
    AFU
    AFU

Male

Post by AFU Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:11 pm

Those ones are not reusable. They do sell a plastic reusable grenade, but that is closer to $30, as opposed to $8.

I haven't checked to see if they have videos for that one though, so I refrain from talking about it unless asked after a reusable grenade.
    Jman
    Jman
    Admin
    Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 91
    Registration date : 2008-11-15

Post by Jman Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:14 pm

i can make mines rockets and other explosives but i would go with a jg m4 or m16. The m16 is more accurate and father range but the m4 shoots faster and i would sugest not using .12 they will not go very far and will go in every direction. Go to the local dicks or airsoft store and pick up some .2 and you will do fine. Also it might be a good idea to get a new motor for faster rate of fire.
    Socal46/ADMIN
    Socal46/ADMIN
    Admin
    Admin

Male

Post by Socal46/ADMIN Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:25 pm

he just showed ui the fps in those grams he did not say that waat he uses
    Killyouno5
    Killyouno5

Male
    Number of posts : 76

Post by Killyouno5 Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:09 am

ok well the saw that was listed is good only you can get it for 260 instead at airsplat.com and expect the fps to not be that good and i know the box mag you were looking at i almost bought it but in reality it only holds about 3000 rounds so not as good but still.
    Alabama_Sniper

Male
    Number of posts : 111

Post by Alabama_Sniper Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:38 am

For a spotter , or support gunner , ( which ever role he is going to become ) , the M4 is a great gun . Although I would not reccommend JG . They are great airsoft gun manufacturers , but they are still knock offs . Echo 1 and JG are both great gun makers just Echo 1 has a better airsoft gun , with great internals , great fps , and cheap upgrades , while they are a little costly , check out the Echo 1 M4s .
    Killyouno5
    Killyouno5

Male

Post by Killyouno5 Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:43 am

Ya it all depends on what your spending limit is but maybe you could wait a couple of months get some more money and buy a better gun.
    Alabama_Sniper

Male

Post by Alabama_Sniper Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:47 am

Agreed , sometimes waiting is the best , ( and sometimes the most boring but important ) , part of airsoft . Take it from an airsoft sniper , you'll be doing a lot of waiting before you make descicions , just wait untill you become a vet .
    Killyouno5
    Killyouno5

Male

Post by Killyouno5 Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:50 am

That is were a forum is a good idea you learn about the sport while you wait.
    Alabama_Sniper

Male

Post by Alabama_Sniper Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:02 am

Yeah , agreed , and if you want my opinion go with the UK Arms SAW , when you get about 400 dollars , my spotter uses one .
    Killyouno5
    Killyouno5

Male

Post by Killyouno5 Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:11 am

lol i could almost get two A&K saws for that they are a little expensive for the average airsofter.
    SCAR_55
    SCAR_55
    Admin
    Admin

Male

Post by SCAR_55 Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:56 pm

thanks for all the opinion it helped i think i am gunna wait and get a better quality gun like many of u guys said. But i am definitly going to get the grenades, backpack, and vest. thanks again but if u find another gun suitable for me please tell me. Very Happy
    Wolfmeister
    Wolfmeister
    recruit
    recruit

Male
    Number of posts : 6

Post by Wolfmeister Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:58 pm

what about a MG36?
    Socal46/ADMIN
    Socal46/ADMIN
    Admin
    Admin

Male

Post by Socal46/ADMIN Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:17 pm

ill talk to my bro about it but he is not a spotter he doesnt have atience hed rathe be in the midddle of te firefight im gonna have 2 be a lonewolf sniper
    Alabama_Sniper

Male

Post by Alabama_Sniper Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:04 am

Well I think that this problem has been solved , again if not please feel free to reopen this topic , but if not , then topic closed . For more information check out information on airsoft enigineers like our page on our website on the role here at , www.alabamaairsoft.webs.com , under the engineer's page .
    Killyouno5
    Killyouno5

Male

Post by Killyouno5 Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:03 am

hey sry to reopen but i was wondering how is A&K as a company not just for the saw but like all of there guns i just want to make sure they are a good company to buy my saw from.
    Socal46/ADMIN
    Socal46/ADMIN
    Admin
    Admin

Male

Post by Socal46/ADMIN Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:13 pm

well theyre guns are qaulity and shoot pretty well but this is kind of off topic
    Alabama_Sniper

Male

Post by Alabama_Sniper Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:12 pm

Yeah this deserved to be on on completely different topic and thread all together , and just for that I am once again locking the thread .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:00 am